Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Trip to the Bank

Two months ago, I brought my 10-yr old niece to a bank to deposit her years of saving. Not much, just S$93. On our way out, I teased her that she is a rich young girl now. And with a few more dollars, she would have a hundred dollar saving in her bank account.

Eversince that trip, she has become very motivated and commited to set aside part of her daily pocket money for saving.

A few days ago, my dad sent her and her brother to school. He gave them each $4 (which is excessive for a primary school kid) before parted. Later, my mom (their grandma) enquired how they spent their fortune that day. And my niece proudly announced that she put aside $1.80 for her saving. But as for my nephew, he could not account for them much. Most properly he has spent the entire $4.

Personally I'm very encouraged by the change of money sense in the girl. That simple bank trip has somewhat spurred her on to be prudent with money.

Now, I have to coax the boy to go to the bank with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment