Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tears of my niece

Two Saturdays back, i bought my niece and nephew for a movie treat - Despicable Me.


Along our 20 minutes car ride, my niece burst into tears as she told me how hurt she was by her dad, my brother, in one of their family outing. She sobbed bitterly as she narrated how my hot-fused brother pinched her when she failed to cross the road properly together.


My heart ached for her as I listened. I offered her tissue papers from my front seat as she aired out her pain and sorrow. i knew she needed a listening ear.


We laughed a lot in the movie. Her countenance changed thereafter. I believe it was the right time to bring them out. I can't change my brother's way of handling his kids. I just hope that by simply offering my niece my time and attention, it will make her growing-up journey more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment