Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is The Love Language of Your Loved Ones?

Whenever my 8 years old nephew come over for sleepover, i would often see a certain aspect of him which i don't get to see when he is with his parents or grandparents. And that's he being very affectionate to my hubby.

He would climb onto my hubby's lap and act like a baby. He would playfully wrestle with him on the floor and also occasionally hold onto my hubby's hand whenever we are trudging about outside.

Strange, he does not do those things with me except our regular good-bye hug.

Just the other evening, he suddenly ran and held onto my hubby's hand and sweetly called him "Papa, you are a good papa."

Coming from a family who are not into such affectionate display, i guess we have all recklessly deprived him of his love language - that's the sense of touch. And I'm glad that his need is met by my hubby who shares the same.

How about you? What is the love language of your loved ones? Is it sense of touch, spending quality time, receiving gifts, need of affirmation or acts of service?

Maybe it is time to find them out and express our love to them in their love language.

No comments:

Post a Comment